To install Sofaculous follow these simple instructions:
- Login via SSH to the server (as root, or "su - root" if accessing via another user.
- Execute the following commands.
cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi wget -N http://www.softaculous.com/ins/addon_softaculous.php chmod 755 addon_softaculous.php
- Login to WHM.
- Under "Server Configuration" click on "Tweak Settings".
- Under the "PHP" heading enable "ioncube" for "Loader to use for internal cPanel PHP".
- Click "Save".
- Refresh the menu in WHM (normally by pressing F5).
- In the "Plugins" menu select "Softaculous - Instant Installs".
- Softaculous will now download packages - wait for this to complete (scroll within the frame to check).
- Once completed click on "Software" to view the installed software.
- If you using the Free licence you can now use Softaculous otherwise continue with the next step.
- To upgrade the Licence to Premium click on "Home" under the Softaculous banner.
- Click on "Buy Premium License" - you will now be taken to the Sofaculous website.
- Make a note of the "Softaculous License" number.
- Click on "Buy a license".
- Login to Softaculous to proceed with the order.
- Click on "My Licenses" and open in a new window.
- Enter the license number noted above and "Add License".
- Close the window and return to the main Softaculous site.
- Enter in the License number noted above and click "Purchase Softaculous".
- Select your payment method and make the payment.
- In the "Plugins" menu of WHM select "Softaculous - Instant Installs".
- Click "Refresh License" which should then show the Premium Licence.
- Click the "Software" heading.
- Check the box just below "Installed" (this will check all boxes below) and click "Update Settings".
Once the above steps have been completed you will have a fully installed and updated Premium installation of Softaculous.Tags: cpanel, premium, softaculous